Monday, September 14, 2015

My departure


July 20th,

Before I get into Uganda, I must properly end my journey in Ghana. There are clearly experiences I had that I did not record, but it was truly an amazing, eye opening experience for me. In my few days in Ghana, I was able to go back to the town where I was raised before coming to the States, Assin Fosu, I spent some days with my grandmother, the one and only true love of my existence, and I saw my father whose presence was definitely a mere memory in the back of my mind. There were tears, laughs, old stories retold to me of ridiculous things I did in my childhood, people whom I had grown up with who now had careers and children. And so many other things too personal to share. But this was a well needed trip back to my blood land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment